Marshall Travel Consulting specializes in Professional Board Development and Creating or Restructuring the Convention & Visitors Bureau Organization. Marshall is an advocate of Research-Based Marketing and the Development of Culture and Heritage as a sustainable base for the future of the travel industry. As an enthusiastic follower of the “Mentor Leader” philosophy, Janice Marshall has made an easy transition to Travel Consultant. After 27 years in the travel industry, Marshall continues to be open to examining and changing paradigms. Working in partnership with tourism entities, Marshall is a frequent workshop facilitator and popular speaker at tourism related meetings and conferences.
Marshall’s work in the industry has earned numerous awards: Georgia Travel Industry Member of the Year, Governor’s Award for Marketing Excellence, Governor’s Award for Product Creation, Governor’s Award for Creative Expression and four Southeast Tourism Society Shining Example Awards.
Past speaking engagements include:
- Georgia Governor’s Conference on Tourism, Marketing Strategies
- Georgia Heritage and Cultural Seminar, Packaging the Product
- Southeast Tourism Society, New Visitor Center Concepts
- DMAI, Ottawa, Canada, Web Site Marketing
- North Georgia Chautauqua, Writing a Marketing Plan
- Georgia Council for the Arts, Arts and Tourism
- Cultural and Heritage Tourism Conference, Seattle, Washington, Music Heritage and Tourism
- International Festival Association, Macon, Georgia, Festivals and Convention and Visitors Bureaus: Partnering for Success
- Southeast Tourism Society: Tourism and Politics
- Georgia Governor’s Conference on Tourism, Two Sessions on “Research First” and “Template for the Marketing Plan”